Garten Services is currently seeking to hire Summer Job Coaches for our Summer Youth Employment Program. The Summer Youth Employment Program focuses on youth with disabilities ages 16 to 21. This one-of-a-kind program provides first-time paid work experience to help youth transition into the adult world-of-work. If you are looking for a meaningful work experience this summer, we encourage you to apply!
What you will gain:
-An opportunity to work with some incredible youth
-A chance to make a huge difference in someone's life
-Experience to prepare you for a career
What you will be doing:
-Providing hands-on training and support to students
-Educating and supporting employer as he/she becomes more knowledgeable about disabilities and necessary accommodations
-Providing any necessary hands-on support to ensure a positive outcome for the employer and the students
-Maintaining effective communication with Program Coordinator
-Maintaining all documentation (case notes, competency tracking, time sheets, etc)
What is required:
* Excellent interpersonal skills (sign language a plus)
* Ability to conduct assessment instruments and identify barriers
* Ability to train/instruct diverse workforce
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
* Skills in judgment, decision-making, and balancing multiple priorities
* Physical ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, grasp, and reach
* Physical ability to occasionally push, pull, lift, and carry up to forty pounds
* Must be able to drive, with a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and proof of insurance
What Education and/or Experience is Required:
* Minimum 1-2 years experience working with/providing training to individuals with disabilities.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
This is a part-time position. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm, but may vary depending on work site. The program will begin on June 19th with evening training 3:30pm-6:30pm and ends on August 18th (dates include new employee training) . Starting wage is $10.75/hr.
Applications must be received by May 31st.
Applications may be picked up and dropped off at our Garten Hawthorne Branch located at 500 Hawthorne Ave SE, Salem, OR, 97301
You may also go to our website at http://www.garten.org for an application to fill out on line. Applications can also be faxed to: 503-566-3434, emailed to: email@example.com, or mailed to: Garten P.O. Box 13970, Salem, OR 97301
Learn more: http://www.garten.org/services/admin/jobs/199/