Everyone is invited to come hang out and chat in ASL.
18 October 2019
Family Camp is a place to come and learn more about relating to, advocating for, and relating with D/HH children. We want to thrive together! When you come you will meet new friends and learn about things you didn't even know you had questions to! Participants can come on Friday night if needed, but camp starts at 9am, Saturday morning and goes until noon on Sunday. Please make arrangements to stay the entire time to get the most possible out of camp! We can't wait to meet you and see you!
Events to look forward to:
- Free Childcare during parent break-out sessions
- Break-Out Sessions pertaining to: Listening and Spoken Langauge, ASL, Advocacy, Handling your Insurance, and everyone's favorite: Panels of Deaf and Hard of Hearing adults
- Break-Out Session for siblings of children with DHH and/or special needs siblings
- Break-Out Session for DHH children with trained counselors
- Great Camp Food
- Free time activities include, but not limited to: Rock climbing, mini-golf, play ground, pumpking carving or painting, and more!
One more thing: Hands & Voices does not discriminate against ANYONE. And it's really importand to us that EVERYONE feels comfortable- so if you speak, sign, cue, do something in-between... you are WELCOME! Please let us know what kind of interpreter you will need and we will make sure everyone has full access.
We are going to have a great time!
Please visit their website for details and contact Amanda at email@example.com