Home and Community Program Policy Specialist, Oregon Department of Human Services
The Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS) program, part of the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS), is looking to hire Program Analyst 3/ ODDS Home and Community Program Policy Specialist to join their team. This position is a limited duration that will last through June 30, 2023.
Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS) administers state-funded programs for persons with developmental disabilities including but not limited to planning, resource development, consultation, technical assistance and monitoring and evaluation. The ODDS oversees the delivery of residential, employment, family support, crisis, and case management services through county governments or their private subcontract agencies. Over 29,000 Oregonians are receiving one or more of these services throughout the State.
ODDS policy analysts work to maintain, improve, and develop the regulatory framework for ODDS programs, including ODDS rules, policies, procedures and guidance related to home and community-based services and supports provided to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This position will be assigned to a program or subject matter area depending on business needs.
• Complete analyses of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to I/DD services
• Work closely with policy team members, ODDS units, other DHS programs or State agencies, and stakeholders
• Center service equity and apply an equity lens in all areas of work to identify needed policy developments or modifications, develop new policies and guidance, evaluate impacts of policy
• Continuously monitor efficacy of implemented policy solutions
• Provide policy interpretation, guidance, technical assistance, and training and serve as a primary liaison and subject matter expert on discreet subject areas of program delivery.
• Participate in the legislative process by developing legislative concepts, performing bill analyses and implementing legislative mandates.
The application deadline for this position is Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
Submitted by Chad Ludwig